Tool Random Video Player (v1.52) - The best way to view your insane collections of videos and images

ViewPower

Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Donor
Apr 8, 2024
Unfortunately it doesn't. Afaik MPV in general doesn't, so I don't think it would be possible for me to implement.
Ahh, you're using MPV. I didn't see that... But MPV is in the process of adding RTX Super Resolution as we speak, so it might be possible in the future. I can't stop using RTX Super Resolution, it works so well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Peanutccino

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
New release v1.45!

New features:
  • ListBrowsers list now has the ability to receive files dragged onto it, either directly from the listbrowsers directory view (left side) or directly from windows explorer
  • Drag & Drop allows folders to be dropped onto RVP
    Note: Additional setting for behaviour whether subdirectories should be included when dropping folders (default true)
  • Implemented MPC like video controls:
    • Zoom in and out ( numpad 9 and 1)
    • Pan video left,right,up,down (ctrl + numpad 4, 6, 8, 2)
    • Scale video width and height (numpad 4, 6, 8, 2)
    • Rotate video 90ccw, 180, 90cw (alt + numpad 1, 2, 3)
    • Video fit to height(default) or width (numpad 1,3) : Ultrawide users put your hands up
    • Reset to default (numpad 5)
      Note: Shortcuts are customizable of course
  • Implemented changable playback speed (Increase: ctrl + up | decrease: ctrl + down | reset: ctrl + R)
    Note: Will only apply to current video and reset to default when changing
UI tweaks:
  • Slightly increased button size in listbrowser to optimize button description
  • If started by mediafile, RVP will now ask if it should load the file's current directory or include all subdirectories for playback
  • Added settings to change this behaviour on external loadup
  • A buttons height in settings:interface was actually 1 pixel less than the others
  • Many small adjustments here and there
Bug fixes:
  • Buttons in fullscreen overlapping due to improper resizing
  • Auto hide cursor from exclusive fullscreen still active when using shortcut back to normal while cursor is set to hide
  • New source selector not loading correctly from folderpath on first startup when toggled
  • Weird playback behaviour when player ist set to loop == false while playing a dropped file
  • With loop == false, after playing dropped file, automatic playback of next file broke due to crossthread exception caused by drag&drop (I hate those)
  • Some bad ui interactivity when trying to load non valid folders (as in no valid files to play)
  • During Playback, when file from playlist was not found index is not corrected / also removes playlist entry now
  • Hotkey manager would not be able to use new hotkeys automatically when user already changed hotkeys
  • Issue where rvp wouldn't always look in the application directory for 'hotkeys.json' thus causing an error
  • Changed fallback path and hardened path checking to prevent unnecessary exceptions due to non available paths
Optimization:
  • Further enhanced error handling of Mpv.NET.dll to potenially find potential errors more easily
  • Updated player seek values on scroll wheel action
  • Added a global Error handler to write useful error data to 'Error.log' to find issues quicker if they occur
    Note: Filepaths may or may not be inside those logs so make sure to check before sharing them
  • Additional small performance enhancements by reducing code execution
  • Script graph default to off as it costs some performance

Additional Notes:

If updating from the later versions, simply use "RVP-v1.45_UpdateOnly" and replace your old files with the new. Make sure to also replace Mpv.NET.dll as I modified it quiet a bit.

Smokydoke

Nov 13, 2020
Date: 8/9/2024 1:59:12 PM
Message: LoadDLL failed: Mpv.NET.API.MpvAPIException: Failed to load Mpv DLL. Error code: 1114

(A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
)
at Mpv.NET.API.MpvFunctions.LoadDll(String dllPath)

dllPath was: C:\Users\User\Downloads\RVP\lib\libmpv-2.dll
StackTrace: at Mpv.NET.API.MpvFunctions.LoadDll(String dllPath)
at Mpv.NET.API.MpvFunctions..ctor(String dllPath)
at Mpv.NET.API.Mpv..ctor(String dllPath)
at Mpv.NET.Player.MpvPlayer.InitialiseMpv(String libMpvPath)
at Mpv.NET.Player.MpvPlayer.Initialise()
at Mpv.NET.Player.MpvPlayer..ctor(IntPtr hwnd, String libMpvPath)
at RandomVideoPlayer.MainForm..ctor(String filePath)
at RandomVideoPlayer.Program.Main(String[] args)
Custom Message: Failed to start application
---------------------------------------------------

• Red Heart

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
Smokydoke

Thanks for replying additional information!

Yeah, I still don't know what I could do. 1114 is an error commonly found in gpu driver issues (update drivers/fix drivers?), limited hardware ressources preventing the call (not sure if that can apply to RVP), power managment failure (I guess for laptops specifically) or other system corruptions. Hard to track down tbh.

For reference:

I mean, you can tell me what specs you have, like CPU / GPU / RAM but I don't know if I qualify to determine if this can be an issue. RVP is not that ressource heavy to begin with, even when loading thousands of files into its playlist. Like by default it needs < 50mb ram and <40mb vram.

I'm really sorry

Smokydoke

Nov 13, 2020
Smokydoke

I mean, you can tell me what specs you have, like CPU / GPU / RAM but I don't know if I qualify to determine if this can be an issue. RVP is not that ressource heavy to begin with, even when loading thousands of files into its playlist. Like by default it needs < 50mb ram and <40mb vram.
I have an integrated graphics cpu.
Processor AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.49 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

• Red Heart

ViewPower

Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Donor
Apr 8, 2024
I have an integrated graphics cpu.
Processor AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.20 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.49 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Holy moly, that thing's old. Older than my brothers, jeez. o_O

• Red Heart

VanillaLover

Jun 15, 2021
Will this thing be open for any open-source-esque modding? Forks and that stuff? I'm definitely not smart enough for anything like it right now but I'm willing to do so in the future.

• Red Heart

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
New release v1.46!

New features:
  • Updater implemented, RVP can now update itself for easier usability
  • Can now also sync with ScriptPlayer by Fred Tungsten
UI tweaks:
  • Small stuff here and there
Bug fixes:
  • Exception when trying to delete/move a file after playlist is emptied
  • Task scheduler not emptied when file move/copy threw an error
Optimization:
  • Better conditions for file moving/copying functions

Additional Notes:

After some testing, I've decided to push the new updater into this release. RVP can now update itself, which makes the process of using the latest version much more straightforward.

Access it in the About tab (Below for testing purposes, 1.45 cannot update itself):

UpdaterScreen.png

If you'd like to test it asap for me, please use the files from the attachment, replace your current ones with those and let it run the update cycle. In case there are errors, please let me know :)

Those are the same files as the latest v1.46, except I compiled it as version v1.45 which triggers the update logic. After updating, it should correctly show v1.46.

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
Is there a setting to completely fullscreen when on exclusive fullscreen? Don't really want the pink bar at the bottom.
It normally shouldn't do that, on double-click/F11 it aligns with the screen and detaches the bottom bar to make it hover around in the center:

exclusivefs.png

Are you on a multi monitor setup? (if yes, can you try toggle exclusive fullscreen -F11- on the other screen?)

Can you tell me what version of windows you're using?
What resolution does your monitor have?

Last edited:

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
New release v1.47!

Bug fixes:
  • Exclusive fullscreen not detecting the current screen boundaries

If using v1.46 or later, head to settings=>about and update from there :)

ToxicMain I've update the logic - as I think this was the culprint. Let me know if this works now <3

ToxicMain

Mar 11, 2018
New release v1.47!

Bug fixes:
  • Exclusive fullscreen not detecting the current screen boundaries

If using v1.46 or later, head to settings=>about and update from there :)

ToxicMain I've update the logic - as I think this was the culprint. Let me know if this works now <3
I am currently on Windows 10, could be because of me also being on a TV for the time being while waiting for my monitor to get sent back but highest resolution I currently use is on 3840x2160, I did also try 1920x1080 but it still didn't work so maybe it's just because of the TV and once I get my monitor it'll work normally.

• Red Heart

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
I am currently on Windows 10, could be because of me also being on a TV for the time being while waiting for my monitor to get sent back but highest resolution I currently use is on 3840x2160, I did also try 1920x1080 but it still didn't work so maybe it's just because of the TV and once I get my monitor it'll work normally.
Thanks for providing further details!

So, at the time using your TV, your PC was not connected to any other display?

Did you try the new update?

I really would like to know if it was the issue I fixed with that latest update :giggle: Because there was a never detected oopsie, that would cause RVP to always take the screen boundaries of the primary screen no matter what. So when you'd have multiple displays AND they have different resolutions, it certainly wouldn't get the right parameters.

Though, if your case is actually different, I need to look further what else could cause issues :)