Ren'Py Help with building distribution

DarkLoki

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
The docs state that the "config.name" param is used as the Window Title.

Setting that variable value is not limited to just the options.rpy file however, it could be in any code file.

Given that you are pulling in at least some code from another project, you should be careful if you are re-using previously compiled RPYC or RPYM files, as the value you are seeing might be in there. But I really don't know.
Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure how this applies as I've deleted all the RPYC files many times over and have done multiple searches for the word "enhanced", case insensitive. Feel free to reach out if you can think of anything else.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure how this applies as I've deleted all the RPYC files many times over and have done multiple searches for the word "enhanced", case insensitive. Feel free to reach out if you can think of anything else.
Well, in the end the game package is built by the SDK, so the answer of where the data comes from must be in there:

Having a poke around and it looks like this file is core to the process.

EDIT: This method here seems to be the smoking gun:

So see if you can find "window_title" anywhere in your code base

Last edited:

DarkLoki

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2018
Well, in the end the game package is built by the SDK, so the answer of where the data comes from must be in there:

Having a poke around and it looks like this file is core to the process.

EDIT: This method here seems to be the smoking gun:

So see if you can find "window_title" anywhere in your code base
Thank you too for the response.

After much lamenting and gnashing of teeth, I went over everything from the very start, with a fine-toothed comb and found a random RPA file that should've been deleted and didn't show up on any of the text searches. I'd be a little embarrassed if I wasn't so ecstatic that this is resolved.

I am very grateful to everyone who took the time to respond, especially 79flavors
If I have the opportunity in the future I plan to pay it all forward.