Others Ren'Py Tips for Achieving 'Heart Problems' Art Style in Daz3D?

ounercat

Nov 6, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm just getting started with creating a visual novel, and I'm also diving into Daz3D. My game aims to have an art style similar to the one in Heart Problems, but I'm finding that my renders look too realistic. Does anyone have any tips on how I could make my art look more like that?

Also, does anyone know what engine Heart Problems was made in? Was it created with Daz3D or Blender? And what about the animations—were they done in Blender or Daz3D?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Reactions: Gattaca1997

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
That looks like DAZ renders with depth of field and some heavy photoshop work - some filters, and then manual smoothing and highlighting.

https://f95zone.to/threads/heart-problems-v0-8-final-xenorav.63437/
I'd say maybe some touches of AI, but it's a bit old for that I think. That being said, I don't think a whole lot of work went into these.

Think it's just a mix of older models/textures, bright lighting washing out the details, and a sprinkle of stylized morphs over regular models. Possible overusage of denoising, as well.

ounercat

Nov 6, 2023
Thanks for answering. I'm dealing with te render of the image to get similar look. What do you think, any specific render configuration? And for the animations, do you think are they made in Daz3D?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm just getting started with creating a visual novel, and I'm also diving into Daz3D. My game aims to have an art style similar to the one in Heart Problems, but I'm finding that my renders look too realistic. Does anyone have any tips on how I could make my art look more like that?

Also, does anyone know what engine Heart Problems was made in? Was it created with Daz3D or Blender? And what about the animations—were they done in Blender or Daz3D?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Definitely DAZ and probably Gen3.
Sadly, most scenes do not have a lot of ambient.

Too realistic? Huh?
I think this is actually what the goal is. Realism. Most D- games look really horrible. Just from the whole scene.
A game like AWAM has actually really nice scenes.